Team Sectionals has been moved to from Oshkosh to WEST BEND EAST @7pm on Tuesday, February 13th. This dual meet will be for a berth in the Team State Tournament and there will be no JV matches preceding the dual.
The Crossface magazine has released the 2017 Academic All-State Wrestling Team Today. Student athletes are given a point total for GPA, Wins and State level success. We have 6 wrestlers that made the list this year. Kudos to our student athletes.
2nd Team Academic All State:
3rd Team Academic All State:
Our Pre-Season order is live right now! These items should be in BEFORE the season starts. We will have a second order the first week of practice. I HIGHLY recommend ordering with this order.
Here is the order link:
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on a fun/easy way to raise money for our program! I've attached the link for volunteer jobs from the Booster Club at fall events. Every time you work a shift, it makes $15 towards our program! The Booster Club GAVE us money last spring so we have brand new singlets for all wrestlers (Varsity and JV)!
Here is the sign up link: http://portwashingtonathletics.org/main/volunteerjobs
Let me know if you have any questions.
Overnight Tourney Information:
- Northern Exposure Duals @ Merrill HS December 28/29
- PWHS team will LEAVE December 27th in the afternoon and return December 29th (late afternoon)
- This is a Duals format and we will bring "extra" wrestlers (18-20 total) to get exhibition matches if we can't fit them into the lineup
- The wrestlers will need to bring spending money for food or tournament apparel if they choose. The hotel rooms/transportation is paid for through FUNDRAISING!
- We will stay at The LaQunita in Wausau (20 minutes away form Merrill HS)
1910 Stewart Avenue
WAUSAU, WI 54401
Let me know if you have ANY questions...
We will be practicing at Homestead on Tuesday, February 6th. We will take a bus at 2:50 to go to Mequon. After practice, we will eat dinner in Homestead's cafeteria after and return home. If someone needs to get back early, we can make arrangements. We will be back in Port around 7pm...
The North Shore Conference Wrestling Dual Championship is scheduled for Friday night when our Pirates take on the Slinger Owls. Please note a time change for this meet.
Weigh-ins @ 5:00 pm
JV Wrestling @ 5:45 pm
Varsity Championship will begin as soon as the JV is complete (est. 6:30-6:45pm)
We are looking forward to seeing you there as the Pirates wrestle for the championship!!!