Girls Varsity Tennis
Summer tennis has officially started! Captains practices are on Mondays and Thursdays and the 5 WIAA practice days with coaches start on Monday July 13th. These practices are optional and are not mandatory to come out for the tennis team.
In order to start practice we want to ensure that we are taking the necessary steps to ensure we are upholding the best health practices for our athletes and coaches. Our COVID plan can be found in the team files tab. We ask that you review the plan with your tennis athlete.
Key points from our COVID Plan:
- Every day before practice, please check your temperature. If your temperature is of 100.4 or higher and are experiencing the following symptoms should not come to practice and are encouraged to stay home.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- Nausea or vomiting
- All athletes need to bring their own racquet, water bottle, towel, etc. No sharing of any equipment!
- Before, during and after practice, athletes and coaches will be washing or sanitizing their hands.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Melonie Zielinski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Port Washington High School is offering a summer school strength class this summer! The class will run from July 6-31st and will focus on building strength, agility and speed. There will be 4 different class time offerings with the 9-10AM being a Female Athletes Only Class. Ms. Zielinski will be there a few times a week in the 9-10AM class. For more information and the sign up form, please head to the Port Washington High School homepage for more information.
- Ms. Zielinski
Our tennis calendar for July and August 2020 has been updated. Please see the new attachments under the File category.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Ms. Zielinski. (email@example.com)
Good morning everyone!
With the school year coming to a close, it is time to talk about Girls Tennis. Our first day of practice is Tuesday August 11th from 8-10AM. All tennis practices will take place at the TJ Middle School Courts.
Under the Varsity Girls Tennis page, you will find our Parent/Player Meeting PPT/Video, Schedule, Handbook, Tennis Equipment Info. and options for off season training.
Please make sure you review all of the materials listed above, sign the handbook form and fill/complete all athletic forms to be eligible to practice on our first day.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.
Varsity Head Coach
To prepare for the upcoming tennis season please make sure to do the following things.
1. Fill out all athletic paperwork. (https://portwashingtonathletics.org/library/files/demo167.bigteamsdemo_com_936/files/2020-21%20Athletic%20Forms.pdf)
2. Look over the tennis schedule, handbook and introduction PowerPoint before the first day of practice on Tuesday August 11th. This information can be found under the team files on the Varsity Tennis Page.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Melonie Zielinski. (firstname.lastname@example.org)